Are You Having a Bad Hair Day?
Bad Hair Days…I have them too…but do you have more bad hair days than good ones? If so and you want to do something about it, read on!
Good Hair Starts with a Healthy Scalp
A healthy hair care regimen requires us to keep our scalps clean and sufficiently moisturized. How often we wash our hair and what we use can go a long way toward maintaining smooth, shiny hair. Depending on our personal skin and hair type, here is our guide to help maintain healthy hair:
- Frequency depends on you. If your scalp is oily, you may need to wash it every day; however, be careful not to over wash and disturb the natural balance of oil. If you have chemically treated hair, your hair may be drier, so less frequently washing may be needed to maintain its natural moisture. As we age, our scalp makes less oil, requiring less frequent washing.
- Concentrate shampoo on the scalp. Washing only your hair can create flyaway hair that is dull and coarse. After massaging gently into the scalp, be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Use conditioner after every shampoo. Using a conditioner can significantly improve the look of damaged or weathered hair by increasing shine, decreasing static electricity, improving strength and offering some protection from harmful UV rays.
- Concentrate conditioner on the hair, not the scalp. Conditioners can make fine hair look limp, for oily hair concentrate on the lengths rather than the roots. Again, be sure to rinse thoroughly. You may also consider improving the water in your shower as well. The PiMag showerhead has made a huge difference for us!
- Let your hair air dry whenever you can. Hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons anything that produces artificial heat can damage hair and lead it to becoming too dry.
- Choose a range that is Sulfates, Paraben and PEGS free. True Elements™Shampoo and separate Conditioner contain quality, natural ingredients, such as Aloe Leaf Extract, Bentonite, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Copper Gluconate, Peppermint Oil and Germanium Sesquioxide that work together to clean, moisturise and condition the scalp. Formulated for all hair types (dry, normal, oily, chemically-treated, colour-enhanced, male, female) to help maintain healthy scalp and hair.
P.S. it is also safe for pets!!!!